- Any assistance that the client may require with personal care will be offered with sensitivity and respect by a member of the same sex.
- Only staff that know the client, and have been inducted in their personal care needs will be allowed to assist the client.
- Clothes and personal belongings that are brought to the Centre will be kept in a safe and secure area and returned home at the end of the day.
Culture / Religion
We will meet those religious and cultural needs identified in the Care Plan that have been agreed, being within our capabilities.
Attitude of Staff
- Staff will be polite and courteous to all Clients, Carers and other people they have contact with in the course of their work.
- Staff will always carry out their work in a way that is respectful and sensitive to the needs and wishes of the client.
Support and meetings with parents and carers is actively encouraged and the Manager will hold monthly coffee mornings in the Day Service building.
The support group will be open to all parents, not just those whose sons and/or daughters attend St. Mark’s Day Service.