FULL TIME MALE SOCIAL TRAINER (SUPPORT WORKER)
37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
St Mark’s Day Service provides day care and social education to autistic people with learning disabilities who are experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Would you like to assist our service users to enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful life, to participate within the community and to develop their abilities?
Can you offer energy and skills in ensuring a quality service and work through stressful/demanding situations?
Previous experience is not essential as training will be provided.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate:
- A patient and understanding attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport effectively
- Motivation and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Compassion and a non-judgemental outlook
- A responsible mature attitude
- Flexibility - this is essential!
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Reliability and punctuality
- Willingness to develop new skills
A current, full driving licence is useful but not essential.
Staff have the opportunity to obtain an Autism specific Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
If you would like further information, application and job description or would like to arrange a visit please contact us on 020 8366 3757
Here you can read the job description and person specification for the post.