The Role of the Keyworker
The keyworker’s role is to enable a person to build a pattern of mutually satisfying social relationships.
Keyworkers’ responsibilities are good recording practice, which means:
- Sharing recordings with Students
- Sharing information with colleagues
- Storing sensitive records and ensuring record are kept up to date and accurate
- Give information to other agencies when it is appropriate
- Communicate with carers
- Representing student
- Ensure the daily communication book has been written
Think about the individual, in particular:
- How can an individual be supported to work towards aims and goals?
- Is the daily routine appropriate? Does it look flexible?
- Review and assessment – involve students and carers
- Activity and participation – to be encouraged
- What are the needs of the individual observed?
- Are their needs being met by the service?